Synergis™ IX hybrid controllers and reader expanders support OSDP readers.
Requirements and supported devices
Synergis™ Softwire 11.2 or later is required.
OSDP readers are supported through Synergis™ IX hybrid controllers and reader expanders:
- HID signo readers
- Synergis™ IX OSDP readers
How it works
Up to two readers are supported on each reader port on the Synergis™ IX controller. For each OSDP reader, you must create a Smart Reader in the Synergis™ IX Portal.
If you connect two readers to the same port, you must configure Genetec RS485 as the network type on the reader port through the Synergis™ IX Portal so that both readers can be displayed in Config Tool.
Support for OSDP readers with Synergis™ IX has the following known issues:
- The following options are hidden for smart readers connected through an RS-485
reader port, but can be configured by temporarily switching the Expander Port to Ethernet:
- Keypad to Use for PINs
- Reader Arming Mode (ArmArea on 2 Reads option only)
- The following options are not functional with OSDP readers:
- Reader Arming Mode (all options except for ArmArea on 2 Reads)
- Allow Reading Open/Unlocked
- Arm User Area
- The Disable Green LED Processing option does not function for OSDP or RS-485 readers.
- Offline operations are currently not supported for OSDP readers.
- Tamper state is not supported for OSDP readers.