Before you can use Synergis™ IX controllers in your system, you must configure their network settings.
Before you begin
What you should know
- Log on to the controller.
- In the portal menu, click .
On the System Settings page, enter the following information, and
IMPORTANT: Synergis™ IX can only be enrolled to the Synergis™ Cloud Link using a static IP.
- Name used to easily identify the controller to the users. Ideally, the name should describe the premises or the building where the panel is installed.
- Use DHCP
- When enabled, the controller uses DHCP to dynamically allocate an IP address
instead of using a static IP address. To use this there must be a DHCP server on the
network you are attempting to connect to. Ensure that the DHCP server has a static
allocation for each
unit.NOTE: When a controller is first connected or has been factory defaulted, it will wait for the DHCP server to assign it an IP address, but if DHCP is not available, the IP and network configuration can be programmed manually. You must first temporarily default the controller's IP address to 192.168.111.222 so that you can log in and configure the settings.
For more information, see "Temporarily Defaulting the IP Address" in the Synergis™ IX Web Enabled DIN Rail Controller Installation Manual (SY-SIX-CTRL-DIN).
- IP Address
- The controller must be programmed with a valid TCP/IP address to allow communication. If DHCP is disabled, enter a static IP address.
- Power cycle the controller.