To configure intrusion detection areas monitored by Synergis™ IX controllers, you must first create them in the Synergis™ IX Portal as areas.
Configure the interface modules connected to your controllers.
Before you begin
Intrusion detection areas monitored by Synergis™ IX controllers must be created as areas through the Synergis™ IX Portal. When you enroll the Synergis™ IX controller through the Synergis™ Cloud Link appliance, the areas you created are imported as intrusion detection areas in Security Center. Only the essential settings are described here. For more information on using the Synergis™ IX Portal, see the Genetec Synergis™ IX Programming Reference. You can access it by clicking in the Synergis™ IX Portal.
What you should know
- Log on to the controller.
- In the portal menu, click .
- Click Add () and enter the Name of the area.
- (Optional) Click Configuration, and change the default timing options.
- (Optional) Click Option1 and configure the general and reporting options.
- (Optional) Click Option2 and configure the advanced and arming options.
- Repeat the previous four steps as necessary.
- Click Save ().
In the portal menu, click
.CAUTION:Using the wizard disarm all areas and disable 24-hour monitoring.
After confirming that it is safe to proceed, click Yes.
The wizard lists all configured areas.
Configure the outputs associated to each area:
- Bell Output and Time
- The output that is triggered when the area alarm is activated and the time it is activated for.
- Entry Delay Output and Time
- The output that is activated whenever the area goes into entry delay and the time users are given to disarm the area before an alarm is triggered.
- Exit Delay Output and Time
- The output that is activated whenever the area goes into exit delay and the time users are given to exit the area before an alarm is triggered.
Click Save and Continue.
The wizard lists each of the inputs managed by your controller.
- Rename each of the input to provide a more meaningful description for easier identification.
- Select the End of Line Resistors according to those used when wiring the EOL configuration.
Select the Input Type to define how an input will operate in an
For example, Delay will go into entry delay when triggered, whereas Instant will activate immediately.
- Select the Area the input is assigned to.
- Click Save and Continue.
- Configure offsite monitoring.
Click Save and Return to Menu.
The modules are automatically restarted.