If your Synergis™ IX controller fails, you must replace it with a new Synergis™ IX controller.
- Physically connect the devices to the new Synergis™ IX controller.
- Connect to the Synergis™ IX Portal and create a new Admin user.
- Restore the controller configuration using a backup file.
- Power cycle all modules, including keypads, and the controller.
- Reconnect to the Synergis™ IX Portal and verify that the controller configuration was restored correctly.
- Assign the IP address that was used for the old controller to the new controller.
- (Optional) Reinstall previously installed custom HTTPS certificates.
In the Synergis™ Appliance Portal, clear the HTTPS
- Click the Configuration tab.
- On the Hardware configuration page, expand the Synergis™ IX unit, and click .
In the dialog box that opens, clear the HTTPS public
key field, and then click Save.
The new controller comes online within two minutes.