To control the access to secured areas at your site and monitor the access control-related events in Security Center, you must add access control units to an Access Manager.
Ensure that the Synergis™ extention discovery port matches the port number on your unit.
Before you begin
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Access control task, and click the Roles and units view.
- Click Access control unit ().
- In the Creating a unit dialog box, click Unit type and select Synergis.
In the Network endpoint section, enter the hostname or IP address
of the unit, the logon username, and the password.
The default username is
admin. You must change the default password to enroll the unit.
- If you require port forwarding, click Advanced settings and enter the base URL in the Web address field.
- Click Next.
Select a Partition on which to add the access control unit, and
Partitions determine which Security Center users have access to this entity. Only accepted users of the partition can view or modify the access control unit.
Review the Creation summary window, and click
The Access Manager attempts to connect to the unit and enrolls it in your system. When the process is successfully completed, a confirmation message appears.
Click Close, and then click
The newly added Synergis™ unit appears under the Access Manager it was assigned to in the Roles and units view. The default entity name is the hostname of the unit. From now on, this unit only responds to the commands issued by this Access Manager.The Synergis™ IX controllers that are connected to the Synergis™ unit are displayed as follows:
NOTE: If you later change the connection parameters on the Synergis™ unit, you must inform the Access Manager about it by synchronizing the Synergis™ unit with the Access Manager.
- In the Access control task, as interface modules () in the Peripherals page of the Synergis™ unit under the Access Manager.
- In the Intrusion detection task, as intrusion detection units () under the Intrusion Manager.
Configure Synergis™ IX settings for cardholder groups.