Before you can use Synergis™ IX controllers in your system, you must configure their network settings.
Your network administrator must assign a static IP address to each Synergis™ IX controller used in your system.
Before you begin
The controller configuration is done through . Only the essential settings are described here. For more information on using Synergis™ IX Portal, see the Genetec Synergis™ IX Programming Reference (click in Synergis™ IX Portal).
What you should know
- Log on to the controller.
- In the portal menu, click .
In the System Settings page, enter the following information, and
IMPORTANT: Synergis™ IX can only be enrolled to the Synergis™ Cloud Link using a static IP.
- Name used to easily identify the controller to the users. Ideally, the name should describe the premises or the building where the panel is installed.
- Use DHCP
- When enabled, the controller uses DHCP to dynamically allocate an IP address instead of using a static IP address. To use this there must be a DHCP server on the network you are attempting to connect to. Ensure that the DHCP server has a static allocation for each unit.
- IP Address
- The controller must be programmed with a valid TCP/IP address to allow communication. If DHCP is disabled, enter a static IP address.
- Power cycle the controller.
Configure the expander modules connected to Synergis™ IX controllers.