For each intrusion detection area imported from Synergis™ IX, you must assign a Security Center area, and configure arming and disarming schedules and access rules.
Before you begin
- Configure the intrusion detection areas on the Synergis™ IX controllers.
- Connect the Synergis™ IX controllers to a Synergis™ unit.
- Enroll the Synergis™ unit in Security Center.
- Create the access rules for arming and disarming intrusion detection areas.
Areas monitored by Synergis™ IX are imported into Security Center as intrusion detection areas.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Area view task and select the intrusion detection area () you want to configure.
Click the Properties tab.
The imported properties are displayed.
- Physical name
- Name of the intrusion detection area (sometimes called zone, area, or partition) as it is configured on the physical intrusion panel. Changing the entity name of the intrusion detection area does not change its physical name.
- Intrusion detection unit
- Entity name of the intrusion detection unit (intrusion panel) where this area is configured.
- Secured area
- Security Center area corresponding to the zone monitored by the intrusion panel. The selected area must have perimeter doors controlled by the Synergis™ IX controller that is also acting as the intrusion detection unit.
- Name, description, and associated cameras of the inputs that define the intrusion detection area. Cameras can be added or removed from the inputs by clicking Edit the item ().
Assign a Secured area and click
NOTE: A given secured area can only be assigned to one intrusion detection area. If all existing secured areas are assigned, create one. Secured areas must have perimeters doors controlled by Synergis™ IX controllers.Two new tabs are added: Synergis™ IX and Access rules.
Click the Synergis™ IX tab and
configure the arming and disarming schedules for the intrusion detection area:
- Arm and disarm
- Schedule that defines the periods when the intrusion detection area is automatically
armed and disarmed. It must be used with the following Synergis™ IX options:
- Disarm area when schedule starts
- When enabled, the area automatically disarms when the selected schedule starts.
- Arm area when schedule ends
- When enabled, the area automatically arms when the selected schedule ends.
- Normal arm
- Period 2 of the selected schedule defines the period when the area can be armed. If the area is armed before the start of Period 2, an Early to Arm event is generated. If the area is still disarmed when Period 2 ends, the system generates a Late to Arm event. No event is generated if the area is armed while Period 2 of the schedule is valid.
- Normal disarm
- Period 1 of the selected schedule defines the time period when the area can be disarmed. If the area is disarmed before the start of Period 1, an Early to Disarm event is generated. If the area is still armed when Period 1 ends, the system generates a Late to Disarm event. No event is generated if the area is disarmed while Period 1 of the schedule is valid.
- Click Apply.
Click the Access rules tab and configure who can arm and disarm
the intrusion detection area and when they can do it.
IMPORTANT: To synchronize the intrusion access rules to the Synergis™ IX, the assigned secured area must have perimeter doors controlled by Synergis™ IX controllers.
- In the Intrusion access rules applies to option, select whether the access rules for the controlled access periods apply to Arming and disarming or Either arming or disarming of the area.
In the Access rules section, click Add an
item (), select access rules (and
cardholders), and then click OK.
If you assign cardholders or cardholder groups directly to the area, the cardholders can arm or disarm at all times.
- If the access rules are specific to either arming or disarming, then set access rules for the counterpart action.
- Click Apply.
The new settings are automatically pushed to the Synergis™ IX controllers connected to your unit.
Test your system using the various investigation and diagnostic tools available in Security Center.