The Synergis™ IX hybrid controllers and downstream modules can be integrated to Security Center Synergis™ through the Synergis™ Cloud Link gateway appliance.
Architecture diagram for integration
Components of integration
- Synergis™ Cloud Link
- The is at the center of the integration. Synergis™ Cloud Link is an intelligent and PoE-enabled
access control appliance of Genetec Inc. that supports a variety of third-party
interface modules over IP and RS-485. Synergis™ Cloud Link is seamlessly integrated with
Security Center and is capable of making access control decisions independently of the
Link connects to the Synergis™ IX hybrid controller over IP, and acts as the
gateway to the Security Center system. The
Link appliance is enrolled in the
Access Manager as an .NOTE: To reduce your hardware footprint for single-server installations, the Synergis™ Cloud Link firmware, , can run on an .
- Synergis™ Appliance Portal
- Synergis™ Appliance Portal is
the web-based administration tool used to configure and administer the Synergis™
appliance, as well as upgrade its firmware.
You must use Synergis™ Appliance Portal to enroll the Synergis™ IX controllers in the Synergis™ Cloud Link appliance.
- Synergis™ IX controller
- The Synergis™ IX hybrid controller is enrolled in
the Security Center system through the
Link appliance. The Synergis™ IX controller connects to the downstream
modules (or expander modules) through the RS-485 protocol.
There are two models of hybrid controllers: a two-door (four readers) model and a one-door (two readers) model. For more information, see Supported Synergis™ IX devices in Synergis™ Softwire 10.11.
- Synergis™ IX Portal
- Synergis™ IX
the web-based administration tool used to configure and administer the Synergis™ IX controller as well as upgrade its
You must use Synergis™ IX Portal to configure the expander modules connected to the controller and the intrusion detection areas and the inputs monitored by the controller. These settings are automatically pushed to Security Center when the controller is enrolled. Doors, schedules, access rules, cardholders, and credentials must be configured from Config Tool.
- Synergis™ IX expander modules
- Synergis™ IX offers many models of downstream modules, such as keypad modules, door modules, and I/O modules. They are managed by the Synergis™ IX controller over a secured RS-485 network. For a full description of the supported modules, see Supported Synergis™ IX devices in Synergis™ Softwire 10.11.
- The Directory role identifies a Security Center system. It manages all entity configurations and system wide settings. The Security Center server hosting the Directory role is called the main server. All client applications and expansion servers must connect to the main server.
- Access Manager
- The Access Manager role manages and monitors access
control units on the system. The Access Manager
views the Synergis™ Cloud
Link appliance as an access
control unit and the Synergis™ IX controllers
connected to the appliance are viewed as interface modules.
The Access Manager role and the Intrusion Manager role can be hosted on the same or separate servers. On a single-server system, these roles can all be hosted on the main server.
- Intrusion Manager
- The Intrusion Manager role monitors and controls
intrusion detection units. It listens to the events reported by the units, provides live
reports to Security Center, and logs the events
in a database for future reporting. Only one
instance of the Intrusion Manager role is allowed per system.
When the Synergis™ IX controller is enrolled in Security Center through the Synergis™ Cloud Link appliance, it is automatically enrolled on the Intrusion Manager role. The Intrusion Manager role views the enrolled Synergis™ IX controllers as intrusion detection units.
- Config Tool
- Config Tool is the Security Center administrative application used to manage all Security Center users and to configure all Security Center entities such as areas, cameras, doors, schedules, cardholders, patrol vehicles, LPR units, and hardware devices. You must use Config Tool to create the doors, schedules, access rules, cardholders, and credentials in your system. This information is pushed from the Access Manager to the Synergis™ IX controller.
- Security Desk
is the unified user interface of Security Center. It provides consistent operator flow across all of the Security Center main systems, Omnicast™, Synergis™, and AutoVu™. The unique task-based design of Security
Desk lets operators efficiently
control and monitor multiple security and public safety applications.
Using Security Desk, security operators can monitor access control and intrusion events in real-time and investigate past events using a wide range of reporting tasks. For more information, see About Security Desk.