For the Synergis™ unit to communicate with the NXT interface module, you must enroll it with Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
Make sure you have the following:
Before you begin
- The MAC address of the NXT module (printed on a label sticker on the NXT board).
- The static IP address reserved by your IT department for the NXT module.
- Prepare the Synergis™ unit for the enrollment of NXT modules.
The NXT module can be connected to either the LAN1 or LAN2 network adapter. Ask your IT department to reserve an IP address on the network adapter you choose.
What you should know
- Log on to the Synergis™ unit.
Configure a network adapter:
NOTE: For this example, we are using LAN 2.
- On the Home page, click Network.
- Under Network settings, select LAN 2.
- Configure the IP address and network properties of the LAN 2 connector.
- Click Hardware.
Click Add ().
In the Add hardware dialog box, enter the following:
NOTE: When the NXT module is assigned an IP address, it cannot be changed unless the module is factory reset.
- Hardware type. Select Keri.
- Channel. Select the Ethernet adapter connecting your unit to the LAN where the NXT module is connected.
- IP address. Enter the static IP address reserved by your IT department for the NXT module.
- Mac address. Enter the MAC address of the NXT module printed on the label sticker.
The new NXT module appears in the Hardware configuration pane.
- Select the newly-added NXT module.
- In the dialog box that opens, select Has EntraGuard.
(Optional) Select Make all decisions if you want to let the
NXT module make all access control decisions as if it is operating in degraded mode
(disconnected from the master controller).
- Click Save.
- (Optional) To connect another NXT module to LAN 1 on the same unit, repeat steps 2 to 10.