To use two OSDP readers on the same Mercury EP1501, LP1501, or MR51e controller, you must configure both readers to the first reader port of the controller.
Before you begin
What you should know
Mercury EP1501 and LP1501 must be enrolled without extension boards so the first reader port is available for the two OSDP readers.
- In Config Tool, open the Access control task, and click the Roles and units view.
- From the entity tree, select the Synergis™ unit () and click Peripherals.
Select Reader 1 (), click
Edit (), and configure the
- From the Type of Reader list, select OSDPv2.
- From the Baud rate list, select the bit rate.
- From the Address list, select the address you configured for the first reader.
Repeat step 3 for Reader 2, using the address configured for the
Selecting OSDPv2 for both readers automatically assigns both readers to the first port.
- (Optional, supported readers only) Ensure that the Secured option is set to ON.