For the Synergis™ unit to communicate with Aperio-enabled locks, you must enroll them with Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
Before you begin
- Pair the Aperio-enabled locks to the hub.
- Connect the hub to one of the RS-485 channels (A, B, C, or D):
- Connect the A connector of the hub to the "+" of the channel.
- Connect the B connector of the hub to the "-" of the channel.
- Log on to the Synergis™ unit.
- Click .
- At the top of the Hardware column, click Add ().
- In the Add hardware dialog box, from the Hardware type list, select Aperio RS 485.
- Select the Channel.
- From the Interface module type list, select Aperio.
Specify the locks that you want to enroll by doing one of the following
- To enroll automatically, click
The scan feature finds and enrolls all interface modules from the same manufacturer that are connected to the same channel.
If Synergis™ Appliance Portal does not find all connected interface modules, try manual enrollment.
- To enroll manually, enter the EAC address (1 - 127) of the lock that you wrote down while pairing the lock to the hub, and click Add.
Repeat as necessary to configure all modules connected to the same channel.Tip: If you know the EAC addresses of the locks and you only have a few to enroll, it is faster to enroll them manually.
- To enroll automatically, click Scan.
The hardware type, channel, and interface module you just added are listed on the Hardware configuration page.
Select a lock to view its properties in the right pane.
The EAC addresses of both the hub and the lock are indicated.
For each interface module you added, select it from the Hardware
configuration page and configure its settings.
For the description of these settings, refer to the manufacturer’s documentation. Make the changes as needed.
- Test your interface module connection and configuration from the I/O diagnostics page.