For the Synergis™ unit to communicate with Axis controllers, you must enroll the controllers using either Synergis™ Appliance Portal or Config Tool.
Before you begin
You can verify the Framework version you currently have installed in Synergis™ Appliance Portal. Click , and look in the Runtime environment row.
Before installing Framework 4.7.2, you must install Management framework 5.1 and Service stack 20190923. For more information, see Upgrading Synergis™ appliances with production image 3.x.
- Have the serial numbers or IP addresses of your Axis controllers at hand. To find that information, see your Axis documentation.
- Connect your Axis controllers to the Synergis™ unit.
What you should know
- Log on to the Synergis™ unit.
- Click .
- At the top of the Hardware column, click Add ().
- In the Add hardware dialog box, select Axis as the Hardware type.
- Select the IP channel where the Axis controller is connected.
Enter the connection parameters required to connect to the Axis controller.
- IP address
- Use the IP address of the Axis controller.
- Interface module type
- Select the Axis unit type you are enrolling. The default is A1001.
- The default pair is root/pass.
- Click Add.
- (Optional) Activate Autonomous mode.
- (Optional) Repeat steps 3 to 8 to add another Axis controller.
The hardware type, channel, and interface module you just added appear on the Hardware configuration page. It can take up to one minute for the Axis module to come online.
If the current firmware version is not the latest, upgrade it.
- If you have not already downloaded the Axis firmware package, download it from GTAP.
- Click Select firmware file.
- In the browser window, select the Axis firmware package (for example, Axis_A1001_1_65_1.sfw), and click Open.
- In the confirmation message box, click OK.
When the Axis firmware package has uploaded, click
.This applies the recommended firmware versions to all enrolled interface modules that are online and accessible over the network.
Test your interface module connection and configuration from the I/O
NOTE: Starting with Synergis™ Softwire 10.8, Axis A1001and A1601 interfaces use the HTTPS protocol by default. To use the HTTPS protocol, the Axis interface must use firmware 1.65.1 or later for the A1001.