To add an OSDP (Secure Channel) reader to Mercury EP or LP controller, you must first configure the reader on the controller using Config Tool, and then pair the reader to the controller using Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
Before you begin
What you should know
- In Config Tool, open the Access control task, and click the Roles and units view.
- From the entity tree, select the Synergis™ unit () and click Peripherals.
- If necessary, expand the controller to see the downstream MR panels and peripherals.
- Click the reader () you want to configure and click Edit ().
In the Edit Reader dialog box, click the Type of
reader drop-down list, and select OSDPv2.
The Secured option must be turned on.
- Configure other OSDP (Secure Channel)-specific settings as necessary, and then click Save.
- Log on to the Synergis™ unit.
- Click .
Find the row with the configured port, reader, and associated door; and click
Repeat step 9 for the remaining readers
This exchanges the keys, and the readers come back online. The readers are now secure; any reader that rejects the key stays offline.