To use a SharpV camera to control a vehicle access barrier, the barrier must be configured as a door in Security Center.
Before you begin
- Wire the vehicle access barrier to the Synergis™ appliance. For more information, see the Hardware Installation Guide for the access control appliance you are installing.
- Enroll the Synergis™ unit in Security Center.
- Enroll the SharpV camera on the Synergis™ unit.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Area view task.
- Select the area where you want to add the vehicle access barrier.
- Click Add an entity > Door.
- In the Creating a door wizard, enter the name and description of the vehicle access barrier.
- From the Location drop-down list, select the area in which you are creating the door, and click Next.
On the Door information page, assign names to the barrier
In/Out, or Entrance/Exit.
To associate the barrier with the access control unit that it is wired to:
- From the Access control unit drop-down list, select the Synergis™ unit.
- From the Interface module drop-down list, select the SharpV camera.
- Click Next.
Review the Creation summary, and click
The barrier appears in the area view’s entity tree.
- Select the barrier and click the Properties tab.
- Configure the general access control behavior of the barrier.
- Click Apply.
- Click the Hardware tab and describe the wiring between the access control unit and the door to Security Center.
Create cardholders using their license
plates as credentials.
When assigning credentials to the cardholder, select the License plate option.
- Select who has access to the door.