Because the Synergis™ unit does not communicate with Allegion Schlage AD locks or PIM400 modules directly, you must enroll these devices through a Mercury EP or LP (or Honeywell) controller, using the Config Tool.
Before you begin
- Configure a different RS-485 address on each Schlage device (AD Series lock and PIM400 module) using the Schlage Pidion hand held device (see Limitations), and connect the lock and module to your Mercury controller. For more information, see the Schlage Utility Software User Guide.
- Configure the assigned static IP address on the Mercury controller.
Mercury controllers enrolled on a Synergis™ unit are not visible from the Synergis™ Appliance Portal Hardware page.
What you should know
On the Synergis™ unit, each EP or LP controller must by assigned a unique channel ID. All EP and LP controllers have RS-485 buses to which the Schlage devices (AD-300 and PIM400) are connected. Each Schlage device connected to the same RS-485 bus must have a unique RS-485 address.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Access control task.
- Click Roles and units, and then click the Synergis™ unit ().
Click Peripherals, and then click Add an
Enter the following information:
- Model of the controller.
- IP address
- Static IP address assigned to the controller by your IT department.
- Communication port (default=3001). The port must match the value configured on the Mercury Device Manager web page.
- Channel ID corresponding to this controller. The channel ID can be any value between 0 and 63, and must be unique within the Synergis™ unit. Once assigned, it must not be changed.
Add the Allegion Schlage devices that are connected to your EP or LP controller.
- At the bottom of the Interfaces group, click Add an item ().
- In the dialog box that opens, select the Model (AD-300 or PIM400), the Port, and the Address (0 to 31).
(PIM400 only) In Low, enter the first door number linked to
the PIM400, and in Count, enter the number of doors linked to
All door numbers ranging from Low to Low+Count must correspond to an AD-400 wireless lock.
- Click OK.
- Repeat as necessary.
(Optional) Click Advanced settings to change the advanced
The available settings depend on the selected controller model. You can typically change the baud rate of the available serial port, the custom supervised input values, and the power input event configuration.NOTE: In Security Center 5.8 or later and Synergis™ Softwire 10.8 or later, you can set up to four different custom presets on your Mercury controller's inputs. For users upgrading from earlier Security Center versions who have a custom value configured, that preset is listed as Custom 1 in the AD limit rows list.
- Click OK at the bottom of the dialog box.
Click Apply ().
The Mercury controller with all its connected downstream panels and peripheral devices appear in the Peripherals tab.NOTE: Adding interface modules to the Synergis™ unit causes the unit to perform a software restart. During this process, the Synergis™ unit and all peripherals attached to it appear offline (in red).