Before you can enroll a DDS IP controller on the Synergis™ unit, you must assign a static IP address to its TCP/IP extension board by connecting to it through a serial port.
Ensure you have the following:
Before you begin
- USB-to-Mini-USB cable.
- Four-port RS-485 module (ask your representative of Genetec Inc. if you do not have one).
- Setup program for Tibbo Device Server Toolkit (either tdst-5-09-12-x64.exe or tdst-5-09-12- x86.exe). Ask your representative of Genetec Inc.
- Latest version of Synergis™ Softwire and the Tibbo.sfw plugin. For information about checking and upgrading the Synergis™ firmware, see Updating firmware on the Synergis™ appliance.
The steps and instructions tagged with Hardening are optional, but will protect your system against cyberattacks.
What you should know
- Attach the TCP/IP extension board to the TPL controller.
Connect the L and H connectors (circled in red) on the TCP/IP extension board to the
“-” and “+” connectors respectively of one of the Four-port RS-485 module channels (A, B,
C, or D).
- On the Four-port RS-485 module, make sure that the CTS switch corresponding to the connected channel is set to ON (up) position, and the echo switch is set to the OFF (left) position.
Install Tibbo Device Server Toolkit on your computer.
Choose either the x86 or the x64 package based on the type of machine you have.
- Connect the Four-port RS-485 module to your computer using the USB-to-mini-USB cable.
- Run Tibbo DS Manager (C:\Program Files\Tibbo\TDST\tdsman.exe) as an administrator.
Click Serial Access and select the COM port corresponding to the
channel to which the TCP/IP extension board is connected.
The four channels found on the Four-port RS-485 module are labelled “USB Serial Port (COMx)”. The first one corresponds to channel A, the second one to channel B, the third one to channel C, and the fourth one to channel D.