Interface modules come in all shapes and sizes and offer a wide range of features. Synergis™ Softwire supports most of the common features found on the market.
- Feature is offered by the interface module and is supported by Synergis™ Softwire.
- Feature is offered by the interface module but is not supported by Synergis™ Softwire.
- Not applicable
- Feature is not offered by the interface module.
|Category of interface module (EP, LP, and M5-IC)||Intelligent controller|
|Communication protocol||IP only|
|Online operation (connected to the Synergis™ unit)|
|Standalone mode||Not applicable|
|Offline operation (no connection to the Synergis™ unit)|
|Degraded mode||Not applicable|
|Reader communication protocols|
|OSDP (Secure Channel)||Yes2|
|Clock and Data (Magnetic Stripe), also known as ABA format||Yes|
|Maximum number of offline events||50,0003|
|Maximum number of credentials (for autonomous decision making)||600,0006|
|Maximum credential length (in bits)||644|
|Maximum number of interface modules per Synergis™ unit RS-485 channel||Not applicable|
|Recommended maximum number of interface modules per Synergis™ unit||32/2565|
1 Encryption is mandatory with Synergis™ Softwire 10.2 and later.
2 The OSDP (Secure Channel) reader must be paired to a reader port on the controller. The certified readers are: HID multiCLASS SE RP40, Allegion aptiQ MT15-485, and Nexus Cidron SC9100-MD-MP-VG2. Other models might also work.
3 There is not always a one-to-one match between an offline log entry and a Security Center event. Mercury controllers are limited to 50,000 offline log entries.
4 The credential limit of the default configuration. Up to eight different credential lengths are supported.
- The maximum number of controllers you can connect to the appliance
- The maximum number of controlled readers
For Synergis™ Cloud Link, SV-32, SV-100, and SV-300 the maximum number of Mercury controllers and controlled readers are 16 and 128 in Security Center 5.4 and earlier, and 32 and 256 in Security Center 5.5 and later.
- One ACR per door with at least one Reader.
- One ACR per door with at least one Door monitor input
- One ACR per door with at least one Door lock output
- Two ACRs per door with two Readers (Card-in/Card-out)
- One ACR per elevator with one Reader.
6 Requires Security Center 5.10 or later. Applies to LP2500, EP2500, LP4502, and EP4502. LP1501, EP1501, LP1502, and EP1502 support up to 250,000. M5-IC and MS-ICS support up to 560,000.