To add an OSDP (Secure Channel) reader to Mercury EP or LP controller, you must first configure the reader on the controller using Config Tool, and then pair the reader to the controller using the Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
Before you begin
What you should know
- To add an OSDP (Secure Channel) reader to your Mercury controller, you must pair the reader (exchange of keys) to the board it is connected to. After the reader is securely paired to a reader port, you cannot pair it in secure mode to a different reader port without resetting the reader to factory default.
- Starting in Synergis™ Softwire 11.2, connected OSDP readers will not respond when cards are presented to them unless they are configured to control a door or elevator in Security Center.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Access control task, and click the Roles and units view.
- From the entity tree, select the Synergis™ unit, and click the Peripherals tab.
- If necessary, expand the controller to see the downstream MR panels and peripherals.
- Click the reader () you want to configure and click Edit ().
In the Edit Reader dialog box, click the Type of
reader drop-down list, and select OSDPv2.
The Secured option must be turned on.
- Configure other OSDP (Secure Channel)-specific settings as necessary, and then click Save.
- Log on to the Synergis™ unit.
- Click .
Find the row with the configured port, reader, and associated door, and click
This exchanges the keys, and the reader come back online. The reader is now secure. Any reader that rejects the key stays offline.
Repeat step 9 for the remaining readers.
This exchanges the keys, and the readers come back online. The readers are now secure; any reader that rejects the key stays offline.