To add OSDP readers to a Mercury or Synergis™ unit, configure the readers using the Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
Create an OSDP channel with Programming mode enabled.
Before you begin
What you should know
- All readers connected to the same RS-485 channel must be set with different addresses.
- Before connecting OSDP readers to a Mercury unit, you might need to set the reader's baud rate and reader address. Setting the baud rate in Synergis™ Appliance Portal, and then following the this procedure replaces using a configuration card.
- When Programming mode is enabled, you can only have one reader connected to the RS-485 channel at a time.
Best Practice: If you are installing OSDP readers on adjacent turnstiles, it is not recommended to connect more than two readers to the same RS-485 channel, as it increases the controller’s response time and the chance of two or more cards being presented at the same time is high. For conventional doors, you can install up to four readers per bus.
- From the hardware tree, select the OSDP reader you added while creating the OSDP channel and click Edit ().
In the Properties dialog box, enter the physical address you want
to set for the reader, and configure the Beep on card read and
Turn off LED when idle options, as desired.
- Click Save
Connect and power up the reader.
The configured bit rate and physical address are sent to the reader, which comes online after it has accepted them.
- Disconnect or power down the reader.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 for the remaining readers.
- From the hardware tree, select the OSDP channel and click Edit (), then clear the Programming mode check box that you selected while creating the channel.
Add the configured readers:
- At the top of the Address column, click Add ().
- In the Add hardware dialog box, Click Add to add the readers at the addresses you have programmed.
- Click Save.
Enable secure mode on the readers.