OSDP readers in transparent mode require you to store the keys on your Synergis™ Cloud Link, or on SAM cards if your unit has an optional expansion module.
Configure the MIFARE DESFire keys on your Synergis™ unit. For more information, see the Synergis™ Appliance Configuration Guide.
Before you begin
- Log on to the Synergis™ unit.
- Click , and then select an enrolled OSDP reader.
- Click Edit () for the selected reader's interface.
From the Reader type list, select MIFARE
From the Key location list, select one of the
NOTE: The SAM options are only available if your Synergis™ unit has an optional expansion module. For more information, see the Synergis™ Cloud Link Quick Start Guide 3.1.
- Synergis™ key store
- The key for decrypting credentials is stored on the Synergis™ unit. This option does not require a SAM card.
- SAM (Software crypto)
- This is the faster of the SAM options, but requires the SessionDumpKey option to be enabled during the SAM configuration process. For more information, see the documentation that came with your SAM card configuration software.
- SAM (Hardware crypto)
- This option does not require SessionDumpKey to be enabled during the SAM configuration process.
If you select the Synergis™ key
store option, use the Synergis™ Appliance Portal to access the Synergis™
key store and enter the keys:
The MIFARE DESFire configuration file used for the indexed keys is compatible with both software-transparent and non-transparent readers.Limitation: There are two limitations with software transparent readers:
- Select an index.
- Click Create new version, and enter a 32-character hexadecimal key in the text field.
- Click Add.
- Transparent readers currently cannot encode cards.
- Cards with transparent mode enabled take about 100 ms longer to read.
Configure MIFARE DESFire.