For the Synergis™ unit to communicate with the DDS controllers connected to its RS-485 interface, you must enroll them with the Synergis™ Appliance Portal.
Before you begin
- Connect the Rx\L of the DDS module to the "-" of the channel.
- Connect the Tx\H of the DDS module to the "+" of the channel.
- Connect the 0v of the DDS module to the "G" of the channel.
- Log on to the Synergis™ unit.
- Click .
- At the top of the Hardware column, click Add ().
- In the Add hardware dialog box, select DDS as the Hardware type.
Select the Channel (A, B, C, or D).
All interface modules connected to the same channel must be from the same manufacturer.
In the same dialog box, add all
interface modules connected to the same channel.
Do one of the following:
- To enroll manually, enter the physical address (0 to 31) configured on the DDS
module and click Add (). Then select the exact
Repeat as necessary to configure all modules connected to the same channel.
- To enroll automatically, click
The scan feature finds and enrolls all interface modules from the same manufacturer that are connected to the same channel.
If the controller does not find all connected interface modules, make sure they all have a different physical address.
Once you click Add, the address in the Physical field will cycle to the next available address.
- To enroll manually, enter the physical address (0 to 31) configured on the DDS module and click Add (). Then select the exact module type.
The hardware type, channel, and interface module you just added are listed on the Hardware configuration page.
For each interface module you added, select it from the Hardware
configuration page and configure its settings.
For the description of these settings, refer to the manufacturer’s documentation. Make the changes as needed.
- Click Save.
- Test your interface module connection and configuration from the I/O diagnostics page.