Because the Synergis™ unit does not communicate with the SimonsVoss SmartIntego devices, you must enroll these devices through a Mercury EP or LP (or Honeywell) controller, using the Config Tool.
Before you begin
What you should know
On the Synergis™ unit, each Mercury controller must be assigned a unique channel ID. The controller communicates with the SmartIntego Gateway nodes through IP. IP addresses cannot overlap within the same network.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Access control task.
- Click Roles and units, and then click the Synergis™ unit ().
Click Peripherals, and then click Add an
Enter the following information:
- Model of the controller.
- IP address
- Static IP address assigned to the controller by your IT department.
- Communication port (default=3001). The port must match the value configured on the Mercury Device Manager web page.
- Channel ID corresponding to this controller. The channel ID can be any value between 0 and 63, and must be unique within the Synergis™ unit. Once assigned, it must not be changed.
Add the SmartIntego Gateway node that you want the controller to talk to.
- At the bottom of the Interfaces group, click Add an item ().
- In the dialog box that appears, click Model and select SimonsVoss Gateway node.
- In IP address, enter the IP address of the Gateway node.
In Router, enter the decimal value of the Gateway node
For example, if the Gateway node ID is
33(= 2 x 16 + 1).
Add the locks paired to the Gateway node.
- In the dialog box that opens, click Model and select the lock model (Smart Handle, Padlock, Cylinder).
In Door Lock Number, enter the decimal value of the lock
For example, if the lock ID is
38(= 2 x 16 + 6).
- Click OK.
- Repeat if you have more locks to add.
- Click OK.
Click Apply ().
The Mercury controller with all its connected downstream panels and peripheral devices appear in the Peripherals tab.NOTE: Adding interface modules to the Synergis™ unit causes the unit to perform a software restart. During this process, the Synergis™ unit and all peripherals attached to it appear offline (in red).
Test your configuration by triggering the outputs.
The triggered output changes state in real time on screen.NOTE: Reader activities are not shown in the Peripherals tab.