A primitive rule is a method used by Synergis™ Softwire to generate an action when a trigger event occurs, even when the Synergis™ unit is offline. Before you can set up primitive rules, you must enable the feature in Security Center.
- Synergis™ Softwire 10.1 or later
- Security Center 5.3 GA or later
Be aware of the following limitations for the primitive rules feature:
- The Copy configuration tool does not apply to this feature.
- The Unit replacement tool does not apply to this feature.
- Deleting a door that has primitive rules applied to it does not automatically delete the configured primitive rules.
- The Synergis™ unit must be online to configure primitive rules on the target unit.
- The Configuration field does not validate the value field.
- The Output pulse delay setting does not support decimal values.
- The minimum security clearance on an area activated by a primitive rule will be overwritten by the current Security Center minimum security clearance.