After enabling the primitive rules feature, you can configure primitive rules using Config Tool.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Access control task, and click the Roles and units view.
- In the entity tree, select your Synergis™ unit and click the Hardware tab.
- Click the Primitive rules tab, and then click Add rule ().
Select a trigger event from the list:
- Reader - access granted
- Door - held open alarm
- Door - forced open alarm
- Door - access granted
- Door - access denied
- Input state update
- Retrieve the required GUID or hardware pointer:
Depending on the event, paste the GUID into the Door or
Area field, or paste the hardware pointer into the
Reader or Input field.
NOTE: Some trigger events have more parameters to configure. For more information, see Primitive rule events.
If you are creating a rule with a cardholder group GUID, click Apply, and then click OK in the warning message that opens before retrieving the GUID.
In the Actions field, select one of the available output
NOTE: If you choose the Output - pulse action, you can configure the pulse intervals in seconds.
- Output - set
- Output - clear
- Output - pulse
- Area - Set minimum security clearance
(Optional) If you are setting up a relay configuration, retrieve the hardware
pointer of the target output, and then paste the pointer in the
- Retrieve the relay hardware pointer.
- Paste the hardware pointer string into the Relay field of the primitive rule you are configuring.
- Click Apply.