Before you can integrate tag scanning into Security Center, you must install the TagTracker plugin on a Security Center server.
Ensure the following:
Before you begin
What you should know
- Although it is possible to host the plugin role on any server, it is a best practice to host that role on a dedicated expansion server for best system performance.
- To use USB scanners, install the TagTracker Bridge on workstations and connect the scanners to the workstations.
- Open the GTAP Product Download page.
- From the Download Finder list, select your version of Security Center.
- Search for your package by name and download it.
Click the downloaded .exe file to unzip it.
By default, the file is unzipped to C:\Genetec.NOTE: The package includes two folders:
- Plugin, which includes the TagTracker setup.exe file and related packages for installation on the server.
- Bridge, which includes the TagTracker Bridge setup.exe file and related packages for installation on workstations if you are using USB scanners.
- Stop the Genetec server, and close Security Desk and Config Tool.
- Open the extracted folder, and then open the Plugin folder.
- Right click the setup.exe file, and click Run as administrator.
- Follow the installation instructions.
On the Installation Wizard Completed
page, click Finish.
IMPORTANT: The Restart Genetec™ Server option is selected by default. You can clear this option if you do not want to restart the Genetec™ Server immediately. However, you must restart the Genetec™ Server to complete the installation.