Before you can manage generic USB scanners from Security Center, you must first install the TagTracker Bridge.
Ensure the following:
Before you begin
- You have downloaded the TagTracker package from the GTAP Product Download page.
- You have installed the TagTracker Plugin.
You must install the TagTracker Bridge on all workstations that are controlling generic USB scanners.
What you should know
The TagTracker Bridge setup.exe file installs two services:
- Genetec TagTracker Bridge Service runs in the background and connects generic USB scanners to the TagTracker plugin.
- Bridge Configuration is where you configure the scanners that you want to
use.NOTE: You can use multiple scanners per workstation, with the number of scanners limited by the number of available ports.
Copy the Bridge folder from the package on the server onto the
NOTE: You can also install the TagTracker Bridge directly from the installer on the server if you have a fast network.
- Open the Bridge folder, right click the setup.exe file, and click Run as administrator.
- Follow the installation instructions.
- On the Installation Wizard Completed page, click Finish.
The TagTracker Bridge Service and Bridge Configuration app are installed.
Configure the TagTracker Bridge.