If you cannot, or don't want to, import a panel's areas, inputs, outputs, and peripheral modules, you can manually add these components.
The panel can be online or offline when you manually add panel components.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Intrusion detection task.
- Expand the Intrusion Manager role from the entity browser, and then select the intrusion detection unit you want to configure.
Select the tab that corresponds to the entity you are adding. Choices
Click Add ().
Tip: You can add multiple component by clicking Multiple add ().
- Enter the name of the component. This name can be different than the name that is configured on the panel.
- In the ID number field, enter the identifier number of the component exactly as it is configured on the panel.
For inputs only, also configure the following:
- The type defined for this input. This value must match the value configured on the panel.
- The name of the area to which this input is assigned. This value must match the value configured on the panel.
For modules only, configure the following:
- The communication protocol used by the peripheral device to communicate with the panel. RAS is used by keypads. GDP is used by DC LC expander readers. This value must match the value configured on the panel.
- Click Apply.