When a panel is offline or not connected, the import function does not work. If you want to pre-commission any peripheral devices, such as keypads and expander readers, you add them manually.
Add the panel to Intrusion Manager
Before you begin
If the panel is online and connected, it is recommended to use the import function. However, when you need to pre-commission a panel you can add its entities manually.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Intrusion detection task.
- Expand the Intrusion Manager role from the entity browser, and then select the intrusion detection unit you want to configure.
- On the Modules tab, click Add ().
Enter the following information:
- The descriptive name of the area. This value can be different than the value configured on the panel. To make future maintenance of the system easier, it is recommended that the name is unique.
- ID number
- The unique number that identifies this module on the panel. This value must match the value configured on the panel.
- The communication protocol used by the peripheral device to communicate with the panel. RAS is used by keypads. GDP is used by DC LC expander readers. This value must match the value configured on the panel.
- Click Apply.
After you finish
- Configure the module.