To prepare your Advisor Master and Advisor Advanced intrusion panels for integration with Security Center, you must make sure that specific settings are made on the panels.
This task describes in a general way how the Advisor Master and Advisor Advanced intrusion panels need to be configured for them to communicate with the UTC Advisor Master and Advanced extension. For specific details about the configuration of your devices and software, refer to the manufacturer's documentation.
What you should know
- Using ATS8500, log on to the panel's configuration page.
- Make sure the panel is running the latest firmware and is operating as expected.
- Create zones on the panel.
- If your organization's network security policies require that the IP devices, routers, and switches in your network block unused ports, make sure to open the TCP port used to communicate with the extension:
Take note of the following information, which you will need later.
CAUTION:Change the default passwords that are used to access your devices before adding them to Security Center. These passwords might be known to others.
- IP address of the panel.
- TCP port used by the panel to communicate with the extension.
- User name and password for an administrator-level user account.
- PIN used to log on to the panel.
- Remote access code used to log on to the panel from an external software, like ATS8500 and Security Center.