When you remove an area that has inputs assigned, you are prompted to delete the input, unassociate the input from the selected area, or associate the input to a different area.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Intrusion detection task.
- Expand the Intrusion Manager role from the entity browser, and then select the intrusion detection unit you want to configure.
Click the Areas tab, and select the area you want to
- Click Delete ().
If the area is not linked to any inputs, click Apply.
The area is removed from the intrusion detection unit.
- If the area is linked to one or more inputs, a warning message opens, click OK.
In the Action on input(s) dialog box, for each input select
one of the following actions.
- Deletes the inputs from the intrusion detection unit.
- Removes the association between the input and the area. The input will no longer be linked to any area. Remember, events are only reported for inputs that are associated to an area.
- Name of area
- Associates the input to this area.
- Action on input(s)
- This option lets you apply an action to all the inputs in the list. Choices are: Delete, Unassociate, and the names of other available areas.
- Click Mark actions.
On the Areas page, click Apply.
The area is removed from the intrusion detection unit, and the inputs are updated or deleted as you specified.