To create PIV-, PIV-I-, or CIV-compatible cards, create a 128-bit or 200-bit custom card format in Security Center.
Before you begin
What you should know
Tool, create a custom card
format with the following settings:
- 128-bit or 200-bit format length
- 1 Wiegand field with a mask of 0-127 for a 128-bit card format, or 0-199 for a 200-bit card format
- 128-bit format named "128" or the 200-bit format named "200"NOTE: Use the file names "128" or "200" without altering them in any way, or the HID pivCLASS workstation will be unable to register the card formats.
For more information about configuring custom card formats, see Creating custom card formats.
In the Config
Area view task, select the reader and set the mode to
OSDP2, then disable Secure
For more information on Secure mode, see Adding OSDP (Secure Channel) readers to a Mercury controller.
Softwire 11.1 and later, enable the custom
card formats on the Mercury controller:
- Log on to your Synergis™ unit, and click .
Expand the Long credential formats section, enter
128 or 200, and click
Add. Both card formats can be added if
- Click Save.
Softwire versions earlier than 11.1, enable
the custom card formats on the Mercury controller:
- Go to <IP address>/smc/browser.html#page=/MercuryEP/UnitWide/Browse and click the link on the redirect page.
Scroll down and click either one or both of the following links:
- Enable 128 bit Custom Card format
- Enable 200 bit Custom Card format