The Video Wall plugin integrates video walls into Security Center so that you can control and configure what is displayed on them using Security Desk.
The following components comprise a video wall integration in Security Center.
- Video Wall plugin
- The plugin is a software package that must be installed on the Directory
server, an expansion server, and on all Security Center client workstations from
which you want to control video walls.
- Even if the Video Wall plugin role is hosted on an expansion server, the plugin still must be installed on the Directory server.
- Using the plugin role, you can create custom entities in Security Center including video wall units, video wall layouts, video walls, and cameras.
- Video walls
- Third-party devices that are integrated through the plugin natively or through the Genetec™ Video Wall protocol.
- Video wall protocol
- The video wall protocol controls wall capabilities like tile placement and sequence, tile resolution, automatic page cycling and dwell time, and display size.