To investigate events that occurred at deister proxSafe lockers, you can generate reports in Security Desk.
Make sure you are monitoring the proxSafe events. Select which events to monitor in Security Desk.
Before you begin
The timestamp of proxSafe events uses the local time from the proxSafe system. For information about synchronizing the time on the proxSafe system with the Windows time on the Security Center servers, see your deister proxSafe documentation.
What you should know
- From the home page in Security Desk, open the proxSafe Event report.
Set up query filters for your report. Choose one or more of the following
- Select which entities to investigate. You can select specific cardholders, assets, lockers, or terminals, or you can select Commander <server name> to view all the events from the proxSafe system.
- Event filter
- Restrict the search to specific proxSafe events.
- Time range
- Define the time range for the report.
Click Generate report.
The proxSafe event results are listed in the report pane. The following columns are available for the report:
- Event name
- Name of the proxSafe event.
- Locker name
- Name of the locker.
- Asset name
- Name of the asset.NOTE: Some events might not be associated with an asset. For example, if a cardholder uses their credential to open the locker, the Asset name column is blank for the proxSafe: Locker opened event.
- Cardholder name
- Name of the cardholder.NOTE: Some events might not be associated with a cardholder. For example, if a locker was opened by scanning an asset at the terminal, or if a cardholder was deleted after an event occurred, the Cardholder name column is blank.
- Terminal name
- Name of the terminal.
- The camera entity that is assigned to the locker or terminal.
- Additional information about the event.
Results are displayed in the report pane.