[KBA-79170] Feature gap between Security Center Web Client and Genetec Web App
Genetec™ Web App does not currently support some access control and reporting features that are available in Security Center Web Client.
The following features are not currently supported in Genetec Web App:
- Configuration of access rules
- Cardholder groups
- Configuration of credentials
- Visitor management
- Report filters
If you have installed Security Center 18.104.22.168 and require the features that are not currently supported, you can re-enable Security Center Web Client. If you do not require these features, it is recommended to continue using Genetec Web App.
- Genetec Web App and Security Center Web Client can co-exist on a Security Center system.
- Genetec Web App and Security Center Web Client can run on the same server and use the same port, but not the same application path.
- The Web Client Server role and Web App Server role can be active simultaneously.
- Open the System task and click the Roles view.
- Click Add an entity () and then click Web Client Server.
- Follow the instructions in the Creating a role: Web Client
The Web Client Server role is displayed in the entity browser.
- Verify that the text in does not match the text in .
- (Optional) Open the Security Center Web Client by clicking
Support for missing features will be available in upcoming releases of the Genetec Web App.