[KBA-00019] Can live and playback streams be set at different quality and bit rate settings in Omnicast™?
This article explains how to configure your Omnicast™ system to generate two video streams for the same camera, one for the live monitoring and one for the recording.
All video servers currently working with Omnicast™, except the S1500e-T4, can produce different video streams for recording and live monitoring.
To enable this dual-stream feature:
- Open Config Tool and log on to your Omnicast™ system.
- Select a camera, and click the Recording pane.
- Clear the Recording same as viewing option.
- Click the Display quality pane and set the desired settings for live monitoring.
- Apply one or more Recording Schedules of your choice.
The archive quality is now based on the Recording Schedule, and the live monitoring quality is based on the Display quality setting.