[KBA-01129] Cannot Connect an iSCSI Device to an SV-16
This article explains why users might be unable to connect an iSCSI device to an SV-16 appliance using the iSCSI Initiator.
When trying to connect an SV-16 appliance with an iSCSI device using the iSCSI Initiator, users get an error message saying “Initiator instance does not exist”.
- Download the iSCSI Initiator driver onto the SV-16
- Extract the folder from ISCSIDRIVER.zip to a location such as the Desktop
- In Windows, click, Start > Run > and type services.msc
- Find the Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Service, right-click it and select Properties
- Set the Startup type to Automatic
- Start the service (it might fail the first time, keep trying)
- Go to the Windows Control Panel and select Device Manager
- Under Storage Controllers, right-click on Unknown device and select Update Driver Software
- Select Browse my computer for driver software
- Browse to and select the ISCSIDRIVER folder you extracted in step 2 and click OK
- Click Next
- At the warning pop-up, select Install this driver software anyway
- At the completion screen, click Close
The iSCSI Initiator driver is now installed and users will now be able to connect the SV-16 to iSCSI devices.