[KBA-78995] Pelco PTZ cameras connected to Axis 241Q encoders not responding
This article explains why Pelco PTZ cameras that are connected to Axis 241Q encoders might not respond in Security Center.
Applies to: Security Center 5.7 SR5, 5.8 GA
Pelco PTZ cameras connected to an Axis 241Q encoder are not responding in Security Center.
Due to a coding issue, the default Pelco D PTZ protocol does not work for Pelco cameras connected to Axis 241Q encoders.
Use the Pelco P protocol for Pelco PTZ cameras connected to Axis 241Q encoders.
- On the Axis 241Q encoder, make sure that all 4 switches are in the
ON state and the network light is
- On the Axis 241Q encoder, make sure that you are using pin 11 and 12 for PTZ connections.
- Pin 11
- RS-485 - A (non-inverting)
- Pin 12
- RS-485 - B (inverting)
- Open the Axis encoder web page and click .
- From the Port 0 Usage drop-down list, select Pan Tilt Zoom.
- In the PTZ Driver Management section, make sure you are
using version 2.04 for the PTZ driver.
If the PTZ driver is not using version 2.04, download it from the Axis website and upload it by clicking Upload.
- From the Device Type drop-down list, make sure the
Pelco camera model you are using is selected.