[KBA-77061] LPR Manager Database does not connect after upgrading to Security Center 5.6 SR2
This article explains why the LPR Manager Database might not upgrade after upgrading to Security Center to 5.6 SR2.
You might see one or more of the following error messages:
- Failure to connect to the LPR Manager database
- Failure to create an LPR Manager database
- Failure to connect to the Archiver role by the LPR Manager
Database Manager - Unexpected logging error. Details: Genetec.Data.SqlCommandException: Exception occurred while executing a sql command (Retry count = 0) ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Incorrect syntax near 'THROW'. At System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action'1 wrapCloseInAction)
There is a query command that is not supported in SQL version 2008 R2, however, it is supported in SQL version 2012 and later.
- Upgrade the SQL Server 2008 R2 to 2012 or higher
- Install the hotfix
- Open the Security Center installation directory (default is C:\Program Files (x86) \Genetec Security Center 5.6).
- Rename Genetec.LicensePlateManagement.Data.dll to Genetec.LicensePlateManagement.Data_BACKUP.dll.
- Install this hotfix. Because the hotfix is
a self-install .exe file, it installs automatically.NOTE: Make sure that the hotfix is not blocked before extracting the executable file.
- Open Config Tool.