To increase the security of your premises and grant access to people upon confirming their identities, you can add a SIP intercom, and then associate it to various Security Center entities such as a camera or door.
Before you begin
- Install the SIP intercom according to the recommendations of the intercom manufacturer.
- If you want to connect a SIP intercom to a SIP trunk and not Sipelia™ Server, add a SIP trunk, and then define associated dial plan rules.
- Define a range of phone extensions for your SIP intercoms. It is recommended to dedicate extension ranges for each particular SIP entity, especially intercoms that communicate with Sipelia™ Server through a SIP trunk.
A SIP intercom is an intelligent SIP endpoint that provides two-way phone connectivity in a SIP environment. In Security Center, a SIP intercom is one of the established SIP entities, and it is the only SIP entity that is an actual device. The other SIP entities are Security Center users and ring groups.
What you should know
- Log on to Security Center with Config Tool.
- Select the Sipelia™ plugin role.
- At the bottom of the page, click Add intercom ().
Enter a descriptive name for your SIP intercom, and then click Add.
The Logical view task opens, and the intercom you added appears in the list of entities.
- Click the VoIP tab to set up this SIP entity as a SIP endpoint.
Assign a SIP extension to your SIP entity in one of the following ways:
- Click Auto-assign. Auto-assign automatically assigns the SIP entity the next available phone extension in a given range. As a result, it is the recommended way of assigning a SIP extension to users, ring groups, and SIP intercoms. Simply click this button, choose an existing range, and then click Apply.
- Enter the following:
IMPORTANT: Although you can change the password for a given SIP extension by simply entering a new password, it is not recommended to do so here. It is recommended to change passwords for phone extensions only in the Server tab of the Sipelia™ Plugin role.
- SIP extension
- The SIP entity's phone extension. To be able to communicate with other SIP endpoints, every SIP entity (user, ring group, or intercom) in Security Center must have a unique SIP extension assigned to it. Either enter the extension manually, or use the recommended approach of clicking Auto-assign.
- The password for the extension. This password was specified when creating the extension range. Each SIP extension within a given range has its password automatically set to match the default password for that range. Clicking Auto-assign automatically populates this field with the correct password for the range, and is therefore the recommended approach.
Set the following:
- Record audio and video
- Allows you to record the call sessions that the SIP entity participates in (either caller or recipient of a call). Once recorded, sessions can later be reviewed and exported through the Call report task. The default value is inherited from the global recording settings which are found on the Recording page of the Sipelia Plugin role. Changing this setting at the entity level forces the entity to no longer inherit the value from the global setting, thus allowing you to turn recording on or off for only specific entities, without affecting all of them.
- Click Apply.
- Add additional SIP intercoms by repeating the steps above.