To call multiple Security Center users at the same time, you can create a user ring group by assigning a SIP extension to a Security Center user group.
A user ring group is a Security Center user group that can only include Security Center users and other Security Center user groups.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool open the User Management task.
- Click User groups, and then select one from the list.
- Create a Security Center user group that contains all of the users you that want in your ring group.
Click the VoIP tab.
The members of the user group appear in the Call list field.
Assign a SIP extension to your ring group in one of the following ways:
- Click Auto-assign. Choose an existing range, and then click Apply. This is the recommended approach.
- Enter the SIP extension. Enter the SIP entity's phone extension manually.
In the Call
field, select one of the following:
- All at once
- All members of a call list are called at the same time. The call stops ringing when any one of the members within a call list answers the call.
- Successively every
- Members are called in sequence, with a set delay between each call, in the order that they appear in the call list. This sequence of calls is repeated until any one of the members answers the call. If a member declines the call, the next member is called immediately rather than after the set delay. The minimum delay is 10 seconds. Because it might affect how long a call to a ring group goes unanswered, it is not recommended to set a high delay.
(Optional) To change the order in which the members of the ring group are
called, use the arrow buttons to move the members up or down.
This is available only when Successively every is selected.
- Click Apply.
The image below shows a user ring group with five Security Center users, each with their own dedicated extensions. The call sequence for this ring group is set at Successively every 10 seconds. When the ring group extension (7002) is called, Charles' extension (6001) is called first. If Charles does not respond within 10 seconds, Clive's extension (6002) is called. The sequence continues until one of the members answers the call.