Sipelia is a core module of Security Center that allows Security Center users to make, receive, and manage SIP-based voice and video calls over a network. Running on the open source Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Sipelia also integrates existing video and access control platforms with intercom systems, and allows users to log call activities.
Overview of Sipelia™ Communications Management
- Connect standard USB headsets and webcams to Security Desk workstations, so that you can make voice and video calls through Security Center.
- Receive incoming call notifications directly through the notification tray in Security Desk.
- Initiate, answer, forward, place on hold, or cancel calls from a dedicated call dialog box.
- Generate reports to investigate the activities within specific call sessions.
- Watch call sessions that have associated video.
- Control cameras, doors, zones, and device outputs during a call.
- Deploy a SIP-based solution that makes it easy to leverage your existing communications infrastructure.
- Connect to SIP intercom devices, intercom exchange servers, and mobile apps through the SIP standard.
- Create a customizable list of contacts, so that users can quickly call their contacts. Contact lists can include other Security Center users, as well as SIP devices.
- Create ring groups so that multiple Security Center users and SIP entities can receive incoming calls at the same time or one after another until a user takes the call.
- Enable authentication for incoming calls.
- Responding to and investigating an emergency
- Responding to employees who have lost their cards
- Granting access to high-security rooms
- Monitoring and managing who enters and exits a parking lot
- User to user video calls, thus making communication more efficient