If pressing a number button on the Security Desk keypad does not produce an audible touch-tone signal (DTMF) at the SIP intercom, verify that the telephone-event audio codec is enabled on the Sipelia™ Server, and that an audio channel is established between the Sipelia™ Server and the SIP intercom.
Before you begin
- Create a backup of the following file:
What you should know
- DTMF tones in Sipelia™ are transported by the RTP protocol as the RTP EVENT payload (RFC 2833).
- DTMF tones do not depend on the type of audio codec which was used to enable the audio channel between the call participants. For more information on configuring which codecs are used for audio communication, refer to the related audio troubleshooting information.
- Deactivate the Sipelia™ plugin role
Open the following configuration file:
- In the AudioCodecs section of the configuration file, note whether the Enabled attribute is True or False for each of the audio codecs.
- To enable DTMF, set the telephone-event codec to True.
- Save the file and reactivate the Sipelia™ plugin role.