As a supervisor, you can assign profiles to your operators to help distribute the incident monitoring workload evenly among your staff.
Before you begin
- You must be logged on as an .
- You must have activated profiles configured for the operators you supervise.
- Your supervisees must be connected to the system through Security Desk.
In the Incident monitoring task, click
The Profile assignment manager dialog box opens and lists the operators who are under your supervision.
Select a user to see their current profile assignments.
Any one of the following can happen:
- No profile is defined for that user, so you cannot assign anything to them.
- The user is not connected to the system, so you cannot assign anything to them.
- The user is logged on, has profiles defined, and their current profile assignments
To change a profile assignment, do one of the following:
The change is applied immediately and is logged in the profile report.Tip: Profiles can be automatically assigned by the system, if the auto-assignment feature is enabled in the Properties page of the Incident Manager role in Config Tool. .
- If the profile is auto-assigned, click Force assignment to change the auto-assignment to a permanent assignment. If the same profile is auto-assigned to other users, their auto-assignments are released.
- If the profile is permanently assigned, clear the checkbox to release the permanent assignment. If this results in the profile not being assigned to anyone, and if Auto-assign mode is turned on, the profile becomes auto-assigned.
- If the profile is not assigned, click the checkbox to permanently assign the profile. This action does not release the permanent assignment of this profile from other users.