[KBA-79015] Video cache not getting cleared in Security Center
This article explains why the video cache in Security Desk might not get cleared.
In the Security Desk video options, the Clear cache at logoff option is turned ON but the video cache is not deleted.
When you specify a location for the video cache in the Cache location option in Security Desk, the cache continues to be saved to the default location. As a result, the cache is saved in both locations and the disk does not get cleared even though you have the Clear cache at logoff option enabled.
This is a coding issue.
WorkaroundTo change the video cache location in Security Center 5.7 SR2 and earlier:
- Make sure that the video cache options are using the default settings.
- Remove all cameras from monitoring tiles in Security Desk to stop live video caching on the disk.
- In the Video options dialog box, click Clear
- Change the video cache location in the Cache location
- Click Save, and exit and close Security Desk.
- Open Security Desk and add cameras to monitoring tiles.
Video cache is now generated in the new location and the old cache folder is cleared.
This issue is fixed in Security Center 5.7 SR3.