[KBA-00143] SNMP trap setup for Omnicast™ 4.x
This article explains how to install the SNMP functionality that will send events to an SNMP trap system.
SNMP traps enable an agent to notify the management station of significant events (not necessarily an outage, a fault, or a security violation) by way of an unsolicited SNMP message.
To setup the feature in Omnicast™ 4.x:
- In Omnicast™ 4.x, the SNMP functionality is now a Virtual Matrix plugin that is installed by default. To add this plugin to your system, open the Server Admin and go under Virtual Matrix / Plugins.
- Click the + sign to add a plugin.
- Browse to the folder C:\Program Files\Genetec Omnicast Server 4.x\Virtual Matrix Plug-ins and select OmniSNMP.dll.
- Apply the changes.
- Open the Config Tool and go to Add-in management.
- Create a Virtual Matrix plugin and select SNMP traps in the plugin list.