[KBA-79011] Cannot add SharpV running SharpOS 12.7 or later as a video unit using HTTPS on SV-300 appliances with Windows Embedded
This article explains why you might not be able to add a SharpV camera that is running SharpOS 12.7 or later with HTTPS in Security Center 5.8 GA, and how you can fix it.
Applies to: Security Center 5.8 GA | SharpOS 12.7 - 12.8 | SharpV
When you try to add a SharpV camera that is running SharpOS 12.7 or later in Security Center 5.8 GA in Windows Embedded with HTTPS, the enrollment fails and you receive an Unexpected error or Timeout message.
TLS 1.2 is not supported by default for WinHttp on all operating systems.
- Install the KB3140245 update from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Log on to the SharpV Portal and click .
- Create a self-signed certificate on the camera.
For more information, see Encrypting connection to the SharpV using a signed certificate.
- In the Sharp’s common name option, add the IP address of
the SharpV because you will be connecting the camera to the Archiver
- Download the self-signed certificate you created.
- On the SharpV web page, select the self-signed certificate and click .
- On the Archiver server where the camera will be added, install the certificate and add it to Trusted Root Certification Authorities store.