If a cardholder or visitor's card credential is reported as lost or stolen, you can replace it with a temporary card and mark the original card as lost.
Before you begin
Do one of the following:
- For cardholders, open the Cardholder management task, select a cardholder, and then click Modify ().
- For visitors, open the Visitor management task, select a visitor, and then click Modify ().
- In the Credential section, click Assign temporary card.
From the drop-down list, select a card reader near you.
The card reader can be a USB Reader connected to your computer, or you can use an Access point (door).
- Present a spare card that is pre-enrolled.
- Set the number of days the temporary card is to remain active, and click Assign temporary card.
- Click Save.
After this operation, the original card is marked as Lost, but remains assigned to the cardholder. The temporary card is activated for the specified number of days, and assigned to the same cardholder. The cardholder now has at least two cards. A permanent one that is lost, and a temporary one that is active.