You can customize video stream options, such as the default video stream for viewing live video in the canvas, the default archiving source for viewing playback video, and when to receive messages about video streams, from the Options dialog box.
What you should know
The Live stream and Playback source options apply to the local Security Desk workstation for all users. The Display a warning when stream selection is not automatic option is saved as part of your user profile.
- From the home page, click .
From the Live stream drop-down
list, select the default video stream for live video.
- Default stream used for viewing live video.
- Stream recorded by the Archiver for future investigation.
- Stream used for viewing live video when the bandwidth is limited.
- Low resolution
- Stream used instead of the Live stream when the tile used to view the stream in Security Desk is small.
- High resolution
- Stream used instead of the Live stream when the tile used to view the stream in Security Desk is large.
- Security Desk uses the Low resolution or High resolution stream, depending on the size of the tile.
From the Playback source drop-down
list, select the default archiving source to view playback video from.
- Video that was recorded by the Archiver.
- Auxiliary Archiver
- Video that was recorded by the Auxiliary Archiver.
- Video that was recorded on a federated system.
- Edge playback
- Video that was recorded on an edge recording unit.
- Click the User interaction tab.
If you want to receive a warning message when the resolution of a displayed
video image is too big for the tile, and the video stream selection is not
Automatic, select the Display a warning when stream selection is not automatic
The message that appears says you should change the video stream to Automatic.
- Click Save.