You can configure any CCTV keyboard (for example, the Axis T8310 Video Surveillance Control Board) attached to your computer, so you can control the camera display in Security Desk.
Before you begin
Connect a CCTV keyboard to your computer.
What you should know
After you connect to a CCTV keyboard, you can control PTZ monitors, switch between cameras, control playback, and so on, using the keyboard instead of your mouse.
The CCTV keyboard settings apply to the local Security Desk workstation for all users.
- From the home page, click .
- Click the Keyboard tab.
- From the Keyboard protocol drop-down list, select the make and model of your CCTV keyboard.
- In the Serial port section, configure the
characteristics of the serial port where the CCTV keyboard
This section is only required for some CCTV keyboards. Follow the specifications of the keyboard manufacturer.
- To automatically connect to the CCTV keyboard every time Security
Desk starts up, select the
Connect to keyboard automatically option.
If you clear this option, you’ll have to connect the keyboard manually every time you want to use it.
- Click Connect.
For some CCTV keyboards, the connection status is displayed in the Keyboard status section.
- To disconnect the CCTV keyboard, from the home page, click .