You can change the video stream of a camera displaying live video in a tile.
Before you begin
If your camera supports multiple video streams, the streams must be enabled and configured in Config Tool before you can select the default video stream.
What you should know
Most video encoders and IP cameras supported by Security Center can generate multiple streams per individual camera. This is helpful when you want your live monitoring stream to be configured with a different video quality than the recorded stream. Additional streams can be configured for other needs, such as remote access (low bandwidth) or low resolution versus high resolution streams.
- Right-click on the live video image in a tile.
- Click .
- Select one of the following video streams to view:
- Default stream used for viewing live video.
- Stream recorded by the Archiver for future investigation.
- Stream used for viewing live video when the bandwidth is limited.
- Low resolution
- Stream used instead of the Live stream when the tile used to view the stream in Security Desk is small.
- High resolution
- Stream used instead of the Live stream when the tile used to view the stream in Security Desk is large.
- Security Desk uses the Low resolution or High resolution stream, depending on the size of the tile.